Thursday, September 06, 2007

New Shane and Shane CD!


I am excited to announce that finally, after about 3 years, the new Shane and Shane CD is out.

If you haven’t ever heard anything by them, I suggest you go and buy every CD they have made, you won’t be disappointed. They are just flat out on a whole different level than all of the “stuff” going on in Christian music. A lot of their music comes directly from the Psalms and other scriptures and is saturated with the Gospel. I am a person who loves the Gospel, I love to learn about it and sing about it, and in a Christian subculture surrounded by “prom songs to Jesus” which are devoid of substance and hardly mention sin, grace, Jesus, or atonement, Shane and Shane are definitely refreshing to hear.

I was able to go to their concert in Charlotte about a week ago and I was blown away. There wasn’t anything special about the concert, no big show with lights and all of that, just the music. When most artists are writing man-centered songs that hardly mention anything Christian, Shane and Shane were surprisingly God-centered. It was refreshing to see musicians and their music consumed and passionate about the Gospel and unashamed to share it. So, I highly recommend checking them out.

2 comments:

Joshua Philbeck said...

I have 2 free tickets to the RC Sproul Conference in Charlotte on Saturday. If any of you guys want to go then call me 704-473-0342.

http://www.ligonier.org/conferences_charlotte.php for more info

Topic: The Sovereignty of God

Anyone who sees this is welcome

-Joshua Philbeck

Walk said...

I would like to go but I got too much going on this Saturday. But I'm sure it will be awesome, you'll have to let me know how it went.

I'm reading a book right now by RC called "The Truth of the Cross". It is a small book, but somehow he managed to cram in a lot of information and make it understandable as well.