Thursday, February 09, 2006

Random Thought Thursday

Well this is a new idea for a weekly post. I guess we'll see how it goes huh? Random Thought Thursday.

1. God seems to use people who say "never" to impact His kingdom forever. Cheesy, but true. Just when we get to the point to say, "God would never call me to do this or that," God says, "Say I won't, and I will." Not literally of course, but atleast thats how I have Him saying it in my head.

2. At church on Sunday, (Hope Community Church, if you are ever in the Cary, NC area you should definitely check out this innovative, growing church), an elder was leading a prayer and he said something like; "God help make this place not a museum for the Saints, but a hospital for the sick." For some reason that thought stuck in my head. So I have kinda adopted the "1/3's mentality" for a church with the same illustration in the prayer. I think the ideal church should be; 1/3 museum for the saints, 1/3 school for the new student, 1/3 hospital for the sick. To help this make sense, ideally I think you should have 1/3 of the people in your church being mature believers (saints) in Christ who are serving in ministry. Another 1/3 should be new believers (new students) who are just starting out in their spiritual walk with Christ, and 1/3 seekers (the sick, or lost) who are testing the waters of Christianity but are not saved. This last group is what most churches are lacking and yet its the group that should be targeted maybe even the most.

3. Why are we so inconsistent? It seems like the only thing consistent we do as Christians is live our spiritual walk inconsistently. Ironic huh? So we are consistently inconsistent, then that makes us what? Useless, maybe? After all who is going to wanna be like a hypocrit?

4. Podcasts are awesome. Everyone download ITunes and start getting Christian Podcasts. I'll do a whole blog on them later, so stay tuned!


5. Its 11:50, before long random thought Thursday will suddenly be tired rambling Friday, so I'm going to bed. God is Awesome!

No comments: