Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunday Scoop.......$ True wealth $

"One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."-(Proverbs 13:7)

Today I would like to discuss "true wealth". I have lived life richly, moderately, poorly, and such. I have had my fair share of rewards yet sacrifices too. I have literally had everything you can think of from a go- cart and track- to the huge barbie house- to my batting cage in the backyard, all of which I was determined to get. I've had to experience losing all those materialistic things years ago. I was heartbroken, not because my house burnt down, but because of the things inside the house. This is no joke. I was attending elementary school, in which the students there donated money, clothing, items like teddy bears, even food. At the time, I didnt know any better, so I wasn't embarrassed or stressed... because I was only a kid! I got over it pretty quickly. When I think back as a child, I remember being so humble and always having an open- mind about things. I was never "USED TO HAVING".
I think just recently, after all these years, I have realized that all these things that I'm "used to having" will burn away just like they did back then. One day. And if this were to happen tomorrow... what will I be left with? Am I still a humble child of the Lord? Will I have His Holy Spirit inside that can not be touched or burnt away, but will live on forever and ever! Wealthy, poor, whatever- If you want to talk about wealth... just how much "true wealth" do you possess? Close your bill fold and lay out the scriptures... Cut the dollar bills if you aint got God to bless them because they're going straight to the devil's cause... and if you think you're rich or poor now... wait till judgment day, cuz you can't pay your way to Heaven!!!!!

No comments: