Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wolves come in Sheep's Clothing













I found this pic today surfing the blogosphere as usual and thought it was worth sharing with you. If this picture doesn't trigger something in the Bible memory part of your brain heres a refresher:


Matthew 7:
15- Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.


I'm not going to name any person or organization as a false prophet but this picture definitely makes what Jesus said come to life. If I was a sheep and saw this guy coming, I wouldn't realize he was a wolf until it was too late and then I would merely be lamb chops! This picture also reminds me of the Devil. I think this verse just as easily could have been describing the
Devil and his tactics. I have found that often times temptation and sin come cloaked in a pretty package and its not until you open it up, do you find out what's inside. The Devil is shrewd and tricky and he'll do anything to win, even if it means dressing up as a sheep! So be on watch and stay alert because the enemy is always near. However, always remember that we have the Great Shepherd watching our backs.

2 comments:

Professor Webb said...

This is a very straightforward and picturesque blog. The wolf in sheep's clothing reminds me the most of sin becuase it can look harmless from a distance, but later bite you horrifically when you get close to it. This also brings to mind one of Jesus' statements in which he instructed his disciples and us to be as innocent as doves but as shrewd as snakes. In being innocent and shrewd I think we learn to spot the sinful traps of life and not become fooled by them.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»