Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday Scoop- "Core of Beauty"

Today was a beautiful day... perfect temperature, the sun was shining on, and the mood was absolutely beaming with bright rays!!! It was a beautiful day... made me feel like a kid again, invincible and free (In a sense, I guess I am)!!! But today wasn't just any ordinary day- It was a Sunday, which makes it a whole lot better.... I think Jesus was smiling down on us :) or instead of thinking.... maybe this "Thank you Lord for this beautiful day and for supplying me with every minute that I was able to enjoy, I appreciate You and Love You with all my heart."
There's so many positive things that I would like to talk about today, but most of all the core of beauty. Of all my years, I have never failed to notice the beauty in every person. Every person... even within the people that dislike me or choose to deny me. The Lord has trained me well, to love myself and others just as much. And you, too, have this oppurtunity and are commanded to do so. But first you have to "know" you are beautiful- inside and out- you can't just think it. Start at the core... it's very simple... very, very simple. Here's how it works...

1. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." - (Matthew 22:37)- Look deep into your heart and seek His face. How clearly does it appear? Does it even appear at all? How much of your heart is with Him, and how much would you sacrifice for Him? What is the ultimate beauty in a person? God is love, love is God. I believe that perfection is beauty and exactly that, He was. So be more like Him, strive to be more perfect in this sinful world, and NO MATTER WHAT- He can make you strong in perfect weakness... know that and have 100% faith in God- Let Him shine through you- what could be more beautiful???

2. "Love your neighbor as yourself." - (Matthew 22:39) Whether it be your neighbor, your best friend, a family member, a co-worker, a "potential" enemy, ANY other human being- it doesn't matter!!! What matters is that you treat them with respect, kindness, and most importantly with love. Love is Christ-like, Love is pure, Love is gentle. "For God so loved this world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." - (John 3:16) Can you say that you would be that selfless? He gave his own life so that we may have our's... Don't take life for granted- enjoy life and the beautiful things in it. Love, laugh, give, live... and remember Love is Christ-like, Love is pure, Love is gentle!

3. LOVE LOVE LOVE... share a hug with someone and take note of how it felt... did it feel like the first time you ever gave one or the millionth? Do something nice for a person that is part of your life as an appreciation gesture. When's the last time you've done that? Think back when you were a child... on that beautiful Sunday... how enjoyable it was... perhaps you can find it in your heart to find that beauty and peace all over again? Inside and out, but first... start at the core, Love the Lord above all things!!!!

1 comment:

Chance Witherspoon said...

Great blog Jordo. I think you hit a homerun on this one. Things would be so much better everywhere if we did those three things. Heck if we just loved God above all things then the other stuff would fall into place. I wonder why we lose sight of that so often, I guess it's just our sinful nature? Very encouraging, thanks.