Wednesday, March 08, 2006

untitled

I don't really know how to start out this week's blog. I'm just gonna say some things that I've been thinking a lot about lately and it's something that I just can't comprehend so that's why it's untitled. I remember the first time that I went to see The Passion and how I felt when I came out of the theaters. Now I was fired up and I felt like I just wanted to go fight somebody for what happened to Jesus. Now when I look back I realize that what I wanted to do is the exact opposite of what Jesus wants me to do and it just show me how blind us humans can be. Jesus was up on that cross because of his love for us and by being up there he was showing us that we need to love each other. It was like his final lesson while he was here on Earth. If you look all through the gospels you can see how many times everyone else thought he was crazy for the people he hung out with or who he associated himself with but he was just trying to show us the love we should have for all people. Now here comes the brain busting part, the part that I just can't believe. Jesus was beaten, spit on, stripped naked, his clothes were gambled away by guards, he was mocked, given a crown of thorns, nailed to a cross, was given the most disrespectful deaths of that time, hung on the cross and eventually stabbed by a spear. And right before he died some of his last words were, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." This is what I cannot understand. People today get upset at each other over the dumbest of things, and sometimes never find it to forgive each other. During those days hardly anyone accepted Jesus and the same can also be said today but he loves each and every person and even after all that stuff had happened to him he asked for us to be forgiven. All I can say is wow.

No comments: